Quotes to fill your Cup During Tough Times
Throughout your life, there will be hard times where everything feels dark and gloomy, with seemingly constant showers. Painful unending showers. It is important to use these difficult times as life lessons, growing and shaping you to blossom into a wiser individual with a positive response to life. Below are 30 Quotes to Keep you going During the Bad Days.
1. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. “There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.”—Alexandre Dumas
3. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
4. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”―Haruki Murakami
5. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. “Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anyone else.”—Unknown
7. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”―Mary Anne Radmacher
8. “There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.”—William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
9. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”—Bernice Johnson Reagon
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”—Maya Angelou
11. “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” —Randy Pausch
12. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.”—William J. Brennan, Jr., Former Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
13. “To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.”—Gail Sheehy, Author
14. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”—Joseph Kennedy
15. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.”―H.G. Wells
16. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”—Les Brown
17. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carnegie
18. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”—Confucius
19. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
21. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”—Robert H. Schuller
22. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.”—Unknown
23. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”—Joshua J. Marine
24. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth.”—Unknown
25. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”—Carl Bard
26. “No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself.”—Unknown
27. “Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path, and you will find you have crossed the mountain.”—Author Unknown
28. “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.”—Robert Schuller
29. “Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”—Earl Nightingale
30. “Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.”—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Remember: Everyone’s situation and problems are different.
Read More: Hard Times Quotes 40 QUOTES TO OVERCOME TOUGH TIMES