21 Happiness Quotes
We often chase happiness that we do not pay attention to where happiness comes from. We cannot limit happiness to a specific definition. Happiness is not a destination but a lifelong journey, the beauty lies in embracing both positive and negative. Below are 21 quotes about true happiness. I really hope we will all begin experiencing happiness instead of trying to find it.
1. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are. — Goldie Hawn
2. The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have. — Woody Allen
3. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things. — Henry Ward Beecher
4. Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. — Denis Waitley
5. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. — Jim Rohn
6. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. — George Sand
7. Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not. — Valerie Bertinelli
8. Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower and draws all good things towards you. — Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
9. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. — Buddha
10. Happiness doesn’t depend on any external conditions, it is governed by our mental attitude. — Dale Carnegie
11. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. — Mahatma Gandhi
12. The key to being happy is knowing you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go of. — Dodinsky
13. Train your mind to see the good in everything. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.
14. Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others.
15. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live a life you are excited about. Don’t let others make you forget that.
16. Happiness comes when we stop complaining about the troubles we have and offer thanks for all the troubles we don’t have.
17. A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity. — Thomas Jefferson
18. The belief that youth is the happiest time of life is founded on a fallacy. The happiest person is the person who thinks the most interesting thoughts, and we grow happier as we grow older. — William Phelps
19. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. — Helen Keller
20. The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage. — Thucydides